Thursday 25 November 2010

2000 Balanced Skaven, I might have found a way out my rut.

Frankly, it's half five in the morning, but I think (after much tinkering) I might have found the way out of the rut my Skaven are stuck in. It seems simple, but lets have a look.

As it's 5:29 at time of writing, I will put very basic descriptions of everything in the list.

Lord
Grey Seer
Screaming Bell
Power Scroll
Ironcurse Icon
480

He's expensive, but he's good for what he does, and that is reliably cast magic and give me a nice big bubble to do it from. Sure the power scroll is risky but it's usually not that detrimental to the wizard. If it ends up being a problem I will definitely give him the reroll miscasts item. But anyway, he's immune to most forms of spell assassination, and while cannons and the like will probably do a number on him, that's why the Storm Banner is there.

Heroes
Chieftan
Battle Standard Bearer
Storm Banner
Shield
122

BSB with the Storm Banner. I had no points to give him anything more.

Warlock Engineer
Doomrocket
45

Standard rocket caddy.

Core
34 Clanrats
Shields
Full Command
Warpfire Thrower
243

Bell unit, not that big, but it can still fight (somewhat) in combat, and it can also bring along a WFT.

10 Stormvermin
Standard
Warpfire Thrower
150

10 Stormvermin
Standard
Warpfire Thrower
150

With this many slaves I want to be shooting into combat.

40 Slaves
Musician
82

40 Slaves
Musician
82

40 Slaves
Musician
82

40 Slaves
Musician
82

The anvils of the list. Not as big as I would like, but they're definitely manageable.

Rare
Doomwheel
150

Doomwheel
150

Monster Hunters. While i'm not a fan, this list does struggle with big things.

Warp Lightning Cannon
90

Warp Lightning Cannon
90

General all purpose death. Can shoot into combat with the slaves which is nice.

Only thing I'd really feel I'd want are gutter runners, because my seer is afraid of cannons and the like (if he dies to one, the army drops to LD5). I'd love this army at 2500 as I'd have my gutter runners.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I'm realy afraid of the WLC's and the Doomwheels. However the WLS's never seem to do as much damage as i expect them to. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete