Sunday 10 October 2010

The 2k MSU Skaven Shooting Army MK I.II

Ok folks, so in 4 games my plagueclaw catapults have done precisely fuck all to make their points back. Which is just great in my opinion. So this means I'm restructuring my list a bit. In addition, I'm not so sold on Poisoned Wind Mortars, but I think I'm going to keep one just cause they do come in handy.

So with that said I'm thinking about what I want to do with my army. All my Stormvermin are now going to be running around with a friendly Warpfire Thrower team, which puts me at 2004. Then I'm dropping 2 Plagueclaws which puts me at 1804. What do I spend those points on folks? Well I have a few thoughts running through my head at the moment, and they are as follows.

Hellpit Abomination

This would be nice, it'd give me some combat punch that isn't exactly slow. However it'd be the only big thing in the army, and barring the grey seer it's the most expensive single model, being over 115pts. This makes it a big (hard to kill, but still big) target.

More Jezzails

While this would give me more ability to kill things from a distance I don't see them doing much more damage than the catapults I dropped. However on the flip side of that I see them doing more damage to things I struggle to kill. Something to consider.

Plague Censer Bearers

These are a unit I could happily run 2 or 3 of. The problem is they're frenzied and I'd have trouble restraining them, in addition to the fact they're only I3. Very very very killy. But only I3. Still it's something to consider. They also fall nicely into MSU.

More Redirectors

Often I've found another turn of redirection could've won me games, or at least sections of the board I was struggling in. I think this is something I'm putting in regardless of what I eventually decide to add.

A 2nd grey seer

I've found skaven magic is really really brutal, but twice now I've had my seer roll duff spells, which aren't really much help to me. This would mitigate that somewhat. However I find if my magic phase is really ineffective it's because I roll low dice, so go figure.

Cheap units of maybe 30 slaves to hold up opposing units while I shoot the shit out of them

This is somewhere in the redirectors thing. It gives me something to redirect to, but doesn't cause mass panic in any circumstance. Something I could find very useful. However in my last game a 4ft board hindered me because I couldn't spread enough to stop mass panic developing from redirectors dying.

Something that can fight quick and brutal in CC, like idk a warlord on bonebreaker

Basically because nothing in my list can fight and it folds like a wet paper bag. And some units are just a nightmare to deal with out of combat.

To recap, my list at the moment, with these changes is this;

Lord
Grey Seer
Power Scroll
275

Heroes
Warlock Engineer
Level 1
Warp-Energy Condenser
Doomrocket
115

Warlock Engineer
15

Warlock Engineer
15

Chieftan
BSB
70

Core
10 Stormvermin
Standard
Warpfire Thrower
150

10 Stormvermin
Standard
Warpfire Thrower
150

10 Stormvermin
Standard
Warpfire Thrower
150

20 Slaves
Slings
Musician
52

20 Slaves
Slings
Musician
52

20 Slaves
Slings
Musician
52

5 Giant Rats
Packmaster
23

Special
5 Poisoned Wind Globadiers
Poisoned Wind Mortar
115

5 Gutter Runners
Poison
Slings
90

5 Gutter Runners
Poison
Slings
90

5 Gutter Runners
Poison
Slings
90

3 Jezzails
60

3 Jezzails
60

Rare
Warp Lightning Cannon
90

Warp Lightning Cannon
90

So what would you recommend? Thanks folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment